Thursday, August 6, 2009

Open My Eyes and Close My Heart

One of the main reasons why I started this blog is to get my old blogs from Myspace (yeah I know). Well in my first installment of this move, I'm putting in a piece that I wrote a couple weeks ago. Enjoy.

Maybe I'm blind. Perhaps I don't want to see. I've spent so long trying to prove how good I am for you.....but shouldn't it be the other way around? Anytime you've called, I was there. When the world made you feel dumb, I made you feel like Einstein. When the world made you feel ugly, I made you feel like the belle of the ball. When the world left you emotionally broke, I gave you my last dime even if it meant me going hungry.

I have given you every fiber of my body. I have given you every inch of my soul. I have given to the depths of my heart. I try so hard to make you see me. You keep looking over me.....around me......under me. Am I saying I don't love you anymore? I'll always love you........but I gotta love me more.

If this world were mine.......you would be mine. It's not though, so I have to learn how to let you go. If I had my way........you'd be here beside me. It's not though.....so I have to stand tall on my own. Even if I had a magic wand, I wouldn't make you love me....I want you to want me because you want to.

I'll always be pulling for you to find true love. I know that you are turning down a sure thing to chase a dream. I just hope that years down the road when that bed seems even colder......the world seems a little harsher......and your heart seems a little emptier, you'll think of my warm body, my warm embrace, and my warm love.

No comments: