Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feels Like Junior High.........Sans the Puberty and Social Awkwardness

Folks, I do believe I have a crush. I'm not certain at my age it's still called a crush. For argument's sake, we shall call it that. If you have any suggestions for another word, feel free to send them my way.

There was a point in time where I thought I would never dig anyone else. I had a strong case of one-itis. If there was a level above tunnel vision........I had it. I couldn't see anyone else nor did I want to. I was content having a tenth of a person who didn't want me. Don't get me twisted: I'm not sitting up here saying I'm 100% over it. That would be a lie. A wise friend of mine told me that you have to own stuff no matter how much of a tool it makes you. I'm owning it and since it's mine I plan on putting it in a casket and burying it. I digress because this is a happy blog.

I was always skeptical of people who claimed that one day a light came on as it pertains to them liking someone. I doubted that a person could pinpoint the exact time they started looking at a someone as a potential. I still do. I don't know when things changed and to be honest I don't care. Even if nothing comes from this.....it gives me new hope and a new outlook on myself. I like how it feels. It's been a long time since I've been "on the prowl".

The person I'm diggin' on is, in my opinion, amazing. What I like so much about her is she's totally opposite of what I expected. She's one of the coolest people I know. She's balanced. She knows when to crack a joke and when to give a shoulder to cry on. She's hella classy but can definitely win a farting match. LOL. She gets all my random corny jokes. She's just as dorky and nerdy as me. There's a lot more but you get the picture. Lastly........she's beautiful. Inside and out.

I cannot predict what will happen with all of this. I won't try. Having a crush takes me back to a simpler place and time. It's a nice little trip down memory lane. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and take in the scenery. Peace.

No comments: