Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

Back in high school, I didn't kick it much. Wasn't a fan of going to Homecoming dances, out of town football games, etc. I had my steady crew that I hung out with and just cooled out. Wasn't a busy body living life fast burning the candles at both ends. Fast forward a decade later and I'm so glad I didn't. Looking at most of my former classmates, I praise God for giving me wonderful parents, common sense, and the good sense to use contraceptives (back when I was into that sorta thing...#haha).

I can grab a picture of me at 12, 16, 20, 25, 28 and I look the same. Only thing that has changed about me really is my hair. Yeah, I got into some devilment (shoutout to my sis for that word) but I never was moving that fast. I looked at my classmates and thought to myself "what the heck have you been doing these past years". What have you been eating/drinking/smoking/snorting/etc that has caused you to age so ungracefully? I know kids will put some years on you, but dang. Can't put alladat on the kiddies.

I guess saying is true: if you can't be a good example....be a warning. Those folk were definitely a warning. Peace.

No comments: