Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Taking It Old School: A Praise Report

I don't know what kind of church you attend(ed), but back at my mom's church they would have a time set aside for Praise Reports. It's basically when a person gets up and tells of something great God did for them. It could be as simple as being awaken that morning or something as complex as a child getting off drugs. Today, I want to give a Praise Report.

First, I had a blast in Dallas celebrating my birthday. It was so wonderful to reconnect with people that I haven't seen in so long. I pray that it won't be a few years before I see them again. It was so fun just chit chatting about our college days. I don't miss the work, but sometimes I do miss university. Great times.

Yesterday I got my test results back from the doctor. All the major stuff came back clean. Gotta do some follow-up tests to pinpoint one abnormality. I claim that test will come back favorably as well. I'm so thankful that even though I'm a bit husky and eat garbage like a landfill sometimes, I'm in decent shape. I'm still going to do better. God doesn't bless us so that we can keep messing up.

An opportunity that I thought had passed me by never passed me by. I was so excited to have received a phone call telling me that it's still on. Just shows how God many not come when we want Him, but He's always on time. More and more I'm learning patience. I know I have to let God work things out according to His Will and on His Schedule. I'm getting better at it.

Long story short, there are numerous things I thank God for. I just had to praise Him a little louder for those 3 things. I know even if I had 10,000 tongues I couldn't praise Him enough. However, all you need is a sincere heart and that praise works just fine. Peace.

No comments: