Tuesday, November 24, 2009

'Preciate That Homie

As Thanksgiving swiftly approaches, I decided to do a blog to talk about all the things I'm thankful for. Pretty self explanatory.....so let's go. Sidenote: In no particular order.

1. My health and strength - I'm not in the best shape I can be, but thank the Lord I'm not strickened with several ailments. Definitely gotta get back on the workout plan.

2. My family - One of the forced relationships in life.....LOL. Somedays I wonder if I had the chance to pick, how would life be? Even though they drive me up the wall most days, I got mad love for them. Thank you for all your phone calls when you want something and guilt trips when I don't give it to you. For all you do.....this Bud's for you.

3. God - He has brought me a mighty long ways. I've seen some low times this year, but God was always there to pick me up, dust me off, heck He even carried me sometimes when I was too weak to walk.

4. My friends - The homies always come thru in the clutch for me. There has never been a time where I couldn't laugh, cry, vent, or bulljive. Some of ya'll are definitely gonna get your wings.

5. Being employed - My gig isn't the best but it pays American dollars. I know that a greater is coming, all I gotta do is hang in there and let God work.

6. Having my heart broken - A lesson I needed to learn. It's funny but I believe I'm more open to love now than I was before. Life is weird like that.

7. Direction and conviction - Keeps me from blowing in the breeze. I know who I am and where I want to go. I'm comfortable in my own skin and I won't let anyone make me feel otherwise.

As you sit around the table on Thanksgiving, be sure to say a little prayer of thanks. Let God know that you appreciate all He's done. Also don't eat too much to the point where you can't button your trousers. Peace.

No comments: