Thursday, November 19, 2009

Got My Swim Trunks and Life Jacket

Over the years, I've had a few women to entertain me, but I've never officially been in the game. Stuck my toe in the water a few times, but never jumped all the way in. After taking some real time to handle some issues and stuff, I do believe I'm ready to take that plunge. That's right folks....yours truly is getting back into the dating pool.

I was talking to a homie of mine last night and I told her about my newest journey. She asked me a pretty simple question......"what do you want?" I paused for a second and I told her......I want a girl with extensions in her hair, bamboo earrings at least 2 pair....LOL. I've never been a fan of those laundry lists. However, having an idea of who you will/won't date goes a long way in terms of saving time, effort, and energy. I've started working on this list and its tough trying to put a human being into paragraphs.

My next problem is I don't know where to meet chicks. I'm not a fan of meeting people at the club even though that is a place where you know lezzies will be. Not doubting there are a few women there, who like me, was pretty much dragged into going and would rather be somewhere quiet enjoying a vodka tonic whilst the DJ spins Wale's new album. Also, the club holla is the worst. It's loud and kinda awkward. My hearing is bad enough sometimes. You add hella decibels of Gucci Mane and I can't hear jack squat. I don't buy chicks drinks because I'm not gonna pay to talk to you. Now if we vibing, we can buy rounds, but I'm not feeding you liquor. Eff that!

I suppose that leaves establishments like bookstores, the mall, and the like. Those kind of hollas have a lower chance of working out because femmes are hard to spot. Straight women for the most part don't get tight when you holla at them. If they're not down, they are usually cordial in the shootdown. Never had a stradie get loud or disrespectul....which is a good thing. Stradies/femmes don't know how hard it to walk up to a perfect stranger and try to make something happen out of thin air. It's rough.....for real.

I'm not doing this because I hear some imaginary clock going off in my head. I'm doing this because I feel as if I'm ready. I've spent a long time trying to be this playa type and it got me nowhere. It wasn't fulfilling. Ducking and dodging leaving stuff "undefined" got hard. Chasing people away because I felt like they were asking for too much when in actuality they only wanted my heart. When I finally gave my heart to someone, they didn't want it to keep and cherish......they used it, abused it, and broke it into a million pieces. All things happen for a reason and I needed that heartbreak to see how it felt. It allowed me to put myself in others' shoes. It put a mirror to my face and let me see how I was living was wack. I'm a better woman for it.

In short, I'm gonna go all in on this one. I'm expanding my horizons and coming down off that high horse. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. Jumping into the pool......I've never swam. Hopefully I won't drown......but if I do......I'm planning on a bad chick being there to give me mouth to mouth. Peace.

No comments: