Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You May Not Drive A Great Big Cadillac....

It should go without saying that we should be thankful every moment. This is true, but I just wanted to churn out a little blog about the more underrated things I'm thankful for. Up, up, and away.

1. I'm thankful that I don't have a big crazy family. They may be crazy but I couldn't imagine having to be cooped up with them trying to break bread. Growing up, it was usually my immediate family and a few others. I liked it like that.

2. I'm thankful that I'm not in a bad relationship. I can only imagine being all kissy face on Thanksgiving only to have it all come crashing down before the Black Friday sales are over with.

3. I'm thankful for being a skeptic. My cynicism has probably kept me from buying dreams that a lot of folk were selling. A good scowl and an eyebrow raise keeps foolery away.

4. I'm thankful for my eccentricity. This trait has allowed me to beat my own drum and march when I feel like it. I enjoy being that person with the out of the box thought. I like wearing plaid pants with striped shirts. I love the feeling of being an individual.

5. I'm thankful for being a hater (in society's definition of the word). I can live without 98% of that stuff most folk rant and rave about. That gets me labeled as a hater. In the immortal words of Reggie Noble......"I'll bee dat".

6. I'm thankful that after having my heartbroken I haven't given up on love. It's very easy to be like "screw it", but I refuse. I've witnessed true love and I liked what I saw. Finding true love isn't what gets me out of bed in the morning, but it's not sitting at the bottom of my hamper either.

7. I'm thankful for every rejection that I have received. There are so many things that we want, but we don't need. Rejections are just God's way of saying it's not time yet or I got something better for you.

8. I'm thankful for the courage to be myself. I'd rather be hated for who I am than to be loved for who I am not. If you don't like what I say.....fly away. I don't like how I dress.....fly away. If you don't like the fact I know what I want out of life....fly away. I'm me 24/265 and I'm lovin' it.

I want all ya'll to have a blessed, safe, wonderful, *insert any good adjective* holiday weekend. Be careful out there, wanna see all ya'll next week. Peace.

No comments: