Thursday, November 18, 2010

First The Fat Boys Break Up....Now This?

I've noticed a lot of my fellow bloggers are doing entries about beliefs. I think it's a pretty dope topic, so I'm gonna hop on the bus and churn one out. Up, up, and away. Sans #1, this non-definitive list is in no particular order.

1. I believe in God. I don't care what anyone else says or does, I know God is real. He believe and trust in Him fully.

2. I believe that I'm awesome. I know that may sound arrogant, but it's true. Extraordinarily ordinary, perfectly imperfected, flaws and all......I'm awesome. Couldn't think of anyone else I'd want to be.

3. I believe in love, but it's not the sickness and the cure that folks make it out to be. Love does not conquer foolishness. You can keep telling yourself that if you want to. Love is not this illness that you catch and it gnaws away at your brain. Love ain't make you do all this stupid stuff.

4. I believe in personal accountability. Don't blame your screwedupness on others. We all have things that happened to us in the past. It comes a point in a time where you are responsible for how your life is going.

5. I believe that one day stupidity will overtake the Earth and all smart folk will be left hiding in caves underground. I'm not talking book stupid folk, I'm talking life stupid folk. Better hunker down or learn how to hide being smart.

6. I believe in 2 parent households. Not knocking those who were raised in a single parent household or the ones who are raising children on their own. I just believe that it's a 2 person job and the odds are more in the kids favor. Not saying folk should get married or stay married if they can't stand each other for the sake of the kids. I'm just saying that optimally a 2 parent household is best.

7. I believe in being hella discerning in relationships. I've been on 2 dates with a chicks and knew that it wasn't gonna work out. Wasn't a matter of her being attracted me or vice versa. I just knew in my gut that me and that person wouldn't mesh down the road. Better to throw up the deuce early than try to make a relationship out of red flags.

8. I believe in great financial health. You don't have to be filthy stinking rich to have great financial health. Save as much as you can, check your credit score twice a year, and most importantly LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS. I can't stress that last one enough.

9. I believe there is a lesson in every experience in life. When we learn the lesson, God graduates us to the next one. When we miss the lesson, God puts us on that figure 8 until we learn it. Insanity - doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

10. I believe that most have no clue of who they are; therefore, they will never know what they want out of life. Self discovery (no hairy palms) can be a scary thing. In order to fully know and understand yourself, you have to spend some real time with yourself. People are too afraid of what they may find out if they spent some alone time. I guess it's just easier for them to blow in the breeze and blame others.

1 comment:

Foxy Brown said...

great post! oh and i'm stealing 'screwedupness'. i need a word that awesome in my life.