Monday, December 6, 2010

The WTF Chronicles Part 12: House Crashers

I know the date says I blogged a couple weeks ago, but I feel like it's been a couple months ago. Your homie has been going thru a serious case of writer's block and a general decline in blog mojo. However, never fear, you knew I'd take a sledgehammer to the boulder and get it poppin, b. So here's what's been going on with your fearless hero.

C's bro has been crashing with me for almost a week now. I don't know her reasons nor would I ever ask her why he can't stay there (besides the obvious answer). I'm enjoying having him around. Whilst I thrive in solitude, it's cool to have someone around who's into the same things I'm into. We've been watching sports, talking about women, and drinking beer. Pretty awesome.

It's not all sunshine and butterscotch, but I don't feel any discomfort or anything. I do have a couple "issues" (and I use that term loosely). 1. He feels the need to check in with me all the time. Dude, I'm not your wife. If I give you a key, that means you are free to roam around the country. Does that mean you can stumble in all times of morning keeping up ruckus? Heck to the naw. Does that mean you can come in at 9 pm without me sweating you? Sure in the hades does.

2. It feels like to me he plays up his anger with C's GF. "Yeah man, I went over C's house yesterday and that bitch was there. She tried to speak to me, but I just was real snappy with her." Okay my dude if you say so. You all chest swole but just last night you were over there cooking with/for them. If you're not angry with that gal, that's on you. Personally, I wouldn't break any kind of bread with them because I feel like that encourages the bad behavior of the GF. He called and asked me did I want a plate....negro please. I'd go to a soup kitchen before I ate anything of theirs.

Over the weekend, he suggested that he, C, and myself go out one of these nights. He says to me that we should have a talk with C. I'm thinking to myself "this sounds like an intervention". I break it down to him that it won't work. First of all, I'm the LAST person C wants to hear from concerning her relationship. I could drop science on C from dusk to dawn but the message would get lost because of the messenger.

Secondly, aside from a late night IM convo, C has given me no reason to believe she has hit her leaving point. Until C hits rock bottom, she's gonna continue to eat whatever that gal feeds her. Plus even if C would listen to me, I'm not touching that. I've been at the point in my life where I realize the only human I have to face in the mirror each day is myself. I'm tired of trying to keep folk from what I think is ruining their lives. Being the voice of reason is tiresome.

I told him the best thing to do is pray the gal out of C's life. Pray that C opens her eyes and sees what is truly going on in her life. Just keep loving on C and make her feel like she has a support system. I'm pretty sure that C will get out of this situation more sooner than later. However, I'm just as certain she's gonna end up in similar situation soon after. I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: