Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pullin' a Spike Lee (Repost)

Ever so often I dig in the crates and dust off an old blog post. Today's entry is kind of short, but I think it gets right to the point. Enjoy. Peace

The choice that you loathe to make is always the choice that leaves your heart and mind in a million pieces. The hardest thing and the right thing are usually the same thing. This decision usually leaves you feeling defeated even though somewhere down the line, you'll look back with a smile knowing you did the correct thing.

However, what do you do until that day? Do you continue to sit and watch what you wanted happen to someone else? Do you try to entertain yourself with other things and people in the meantime? I think that would be considered distracting yourself.

What if that day never comes? You made the decision and even 10 years down the road, that sense of satisfaction never gets to you. Did you lose because you still feel the same angst you did before? Or did you win because you know you did the "right" thing?


1 comment:

K. said...

The older I get, the more I end up in situations where I have to make these "right" decisions and ask myself these questions. Quite frankly, it sucks.