Thursday, February 18, 2010

Body on Venus But Mind on Mars

I was chatting with my homie last night and she hits me with "You think like a dude". *shudder* I have never been one of those chicks who think this is a compliment or a good thing. That's not the first time someone has said that to me. I always feel some kinda way about it.The reason why I got hit with the phrase that pays is my homie and I were talking about things chicks do.

1. A woman's need to talk incessantly - If I come in from work, wherever, and as soon as I walk in you're chatting my ear off....I'm gonna be a little tight. Can't a sista get like 15 minutes to decompress? Especially knowing that you called me on the way to work, called me on your lunch break, then called me when you were driving home. What is there left to talk about? Then why they're talking your ear off, they'll ask you stuff to see if you were listening. If you're not listening...they'll scowl and proceed to start all over again.

2. A woman's need to monopolize your time - I got love for you but I don't feel the need to spend every waking moment with you. Sure I'm witty, engaging, and easy on the eyes but sometimes even I don't wanna be with me. So why would you wanna be around me all the time? That ain't love...that's a prison watch. I don't want to be your only interest. I love sports and djing but I get tired of every once in a while.

3. Women take everything personally - On Saturday mornings, I probably don't want to go to the farmers market, Pier One, or brunch. There are times that I will want to go, it's rare but it happens. Don't take it as I don't want to go with you, I just don't want to go anywhere...period. If I ask you to play Madden and you say no, I'm be like "oh she doesn't want to play with me". If I didn't want you, you would know it because I'd be nowhere to be found.

I'm sure this blog reads selfish as heck. I want a woman whose love is life not whose life is love. I want a chick when I want a chick and when I don't want a chick I want a chick who understands that.

Bonus advice edit: Ladies, if you wanna keep your dude/chick, remember these important things.....food, sports, sex, silence. If you keep these things in mind, there's a good chance you'll get chose. Peace.

No comments: