Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's Just a Fly Love Blog

I decided to post one of my more, for a lack of a better word, quixotic blogs. I wrote this for a woman who was very special to me. I had a mad wicked crush on her. I was floating on cloud nine with her back then. My pen couldn't be still. This piece is one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy.

I know you know how I feel about you. I know when you look me in the eye you can tell. Somedays I wonder how do I gather enough strength to make it through another day. Don't get it twisted, you're not perfect....but guess what? Neither am I. If I ever thought you felt nothing for me, I'd bury this bone and forget the spot. I don't want you just to show you off to the world. I don't need everyone giving me props. It's not a physical thing. I don't fancy you because you're 'cute' or 'sexy', not saying that you're not but that's not why my nose is open. I can think of ten things that you are before I even mention looks. I know why people say that ignorance is bliss. Had I never had my eyes and heart opened, I wouldn't be sitting here feeling like this. I don't want to be ignorant and I'm glad that I know what love feels like. You have a good idea of what I am, but lemme hip you to things I'm not.

I ain't a sweetalker, but if you sit close enough to me, I'll lull lukewarm lullabies in your left lobe until you rest your head on my shoulders. Then, I'll sing sweet sonnets that'll seep into your soul. But like I said, I ain't a sweetalker.

I ain't a gambler, but if your touch is the ante, I'll step to the craps table roll a few 7s and 11s. And just for good measure, I'll hit all 7s on the slot machine. Take a hit on 15 at the Blackjack table......no problem. But like I said, I ain't a gambler.

I ain't an artist, but if you're my muse, then I'll paint the the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in your bedroom. And if that's too complex for you, how about I draw a heart and put our initials in it using chalk on the sidewalk? But like I said, I ain't an artist.

I ain't a stuntwoman, but if I could star in your action-packed blockbuster, then I'd jackrabbit a 89 box Chevy and let it roll 15 times. Not into high impact crashes? That's cool. I could easily jump out that window as long as I fall into your safety net. But like I said, I ain't a stuntwoman.

I ain't an athlete, but if I could be on your team, then I'm sure that I'd score 6 touchdowns against Polk High. Is that not enough? How about I score 81 like Kobe or bend it like Beckham? I have no problem running the 100 meter dash if I know that you're there with the stopwatch. But like I said, I ain't an athlete.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there are a lot of things I'm not. However, there's one thing I definitely am...........crazy about you. You know who you are.

No comments: