Thursday, October 13, 2011

Inside the Dater's Studio

I've gotten several great topics for my Dating and Relating week. Since I don't want to drag this out past a week, today's entry will be a Q&A. This way I can touch on a lot of subjects without doing a lot of extra entries. I'm sure down the road, I'll expound on some of these, but for now....take what I give ya.

1. Do you date outside of your race?
Yes. My ultimate desire is to be with a black woman. However, I have been out with all races of women before. I will honestly say that if I were to end up with a non black woman, she would be white. Why? A lot of things I'm into (golf, boats, fiscal conservatism, and imported beers), I find a good clip of white women are into. * Disclaimer: NOT saying that women of color are not into these things.

2. Have you ever cheated?
Nope. Before you think I'm getting all holier than thou, I'll explain. I've never had an official girlfriend. I don't believe you can cheat if you're not in a relationship. Any time I dated more than one chick at a time, they knew about each other.

3. What is the most difficult thing about dating women?
Hmm. It's a tie between insecurity and not knowing what they want. I'll give the nod to not knowing what they want. It's hella frustrating for a woman to say she wants one thing, you give it to her, only for her to run away with like her hair is on fire. I think this lack of knowing what they want causes women to rack up a bunch of girlfriends and/or end up dead end relationships.

4. Are you picky?
Extremely. I know what I want in a mate and relationship. I have a list that is organized by needs, like-to-haves, wants, and bonus. I have high standards for myself, so it's quite natural, my woman would have high standards.

5. Are you romantic?
#duhandhello! I'm a Pisces. *turns down lights* *plays the piano* Look us up, b.

6. If you asked the last three women you've dated what is the one thing they disliked about you the most, what would they say?
I can be way too guarded. I don't offer up information. If you wanna know, ask. I don't want to add you to my FB and "what Twitter?".

7. What is something you're working on changing to be a better dater?
I'm learning how to see things from the other person's point of view. I don't think it's a problem to not add someone you're with to your FB/Twitter (provided ya'll didn't meet on there). It's not an issue to me to keep your phone on silent or vibrate. However, that stuff looks bad. As I learn to be less guarded, I'm sure I'll find it easier to put myself in the other person's shoes.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them. Peace.

No comments: