Thursday, December 30, 2010

Doesn't Take Mad Skillz to Wrap This Up

Oh 2010, where do I begin? It was a heck of a year for me. Learned some new things. Learned how to deal with some old things. 2010 definitely had more ups than downs. Even the downs were okay because they taught me a lesson I needed to learn. On to my wrap up.

Biggest story: BP oil spill. Each day I was amazed at how badly that spill was handled. It was a daily comedy of errors and gaffes that culminated in the CEO being shown the door. Don't cry for him though. I'm sure his millions will keep him afloat, no pun.

Honorable mention: The Haiti earthquake.

Person of the year: Julian Assange. The man behind Wikileaks easily gets my vote. Some label him a terrorist, but it's usually the people who have been exposed in one way or the other. I don't see anything wrong with the public knowing what goes on behind the curtain.

Gulliest quote of the year - "Fuck my victims. I carried them for 20 years and now I'm doing 150." - Bernie Madoff

Funniest quote of the year - "If you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested." - John Tyner to the TSA on patdowns

Overall quote of the year - ''You all know St. Patrick is credited with banishing snakes from Ireland. But you guys know the truth, sometimes. There were never any snakes in Ireland. St. Patrick just made that up. Which explains why he's the patron saint of FOX News.'' - Joe Biden

Movie of the year - Tie between The Book of Eli and Tangled. I'm not a big movie person so that is why Inception, Iron Man 2, etc isn't my movie of the year.

Album of the year - *gulp* This is the category I hate the most. There were 3 very solid contenders for album of the year, but there can only be one. My nod goes to Janelle Monae's The Archandroid. Just a wonderfully done album by an artist with a phenomenal voice.

Disappointing album of the year - The Roots - How I Got Over. Sure it got some acclaim but it was their worse album since The Tipping Point. Did they top out at Phrenology? We shall see.

Lastly peace to all the people we lost in 2010 including but not limited to: Gary Coleman, Teena Marie, Bernie Wilson, James Moody, Elizabeth Edwards, Leslie Nielsen, Gregory Issacs, Barbara Billingsley, Solomon Burke, Tony Curtis, Teddy Pendergrass, Apache, J.D. Salinger.

I await 2011 with open arms. I look forward to all the victories, breakthroughs, loves, challenges, successes, and failures it has to offer. I pray that anything that was not bringing you happiness and value in 2010, you check at the door tomorrow night. Be safe because I only want to bid 2010 adieu. Peace.

No comments: