Friday, December 17, 2010

Freestyle Friday: Vacay Edition

It's only been a week, but it feels like forever since I last blogged. Too much and not nearly enough has been going on. Anywho, that stuff will get blogged when I successfully break this writer's boulder I have. I can, however, churn out a few random things that are going on.

* I am starting my holiday vacation. No work until January. I didn't plan to take all my vacay at the end of the year, but due to an HR malfunction, here I am. I see lots of relaxation and cocktails in my immediate future.

* Throwing a shindig tomorrow night, I'm anticipating a smaller crowd but I keep having this sneaking feeling that the crowd be larger than I thought. Oh wells. The more the merrier as long as they're cool and well behaved. I feel like C will show up, but I'm prepared to deal with her accordingly....I hope.

* Speaking of C, I've pretty much conceded to the idea that she will forever be in my life. It may not be front row like before, but she'll always at least be in the nosebleeds. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I reckon. Might as well accept it, and deal with it.

* It's been really good reconnecting with my friend, Shynesobright. Until September, it had been 10 years since we seen each other. We chit chat over IM and twitter quite often. It's really cool to see the woman she has grown into. I remember when were just two dorky kids in grade school....or maybe I was the only dork.

* The Knicks are playing great basketball, however, 10 years of futility seems to damper my enthusiasm. I know you're probably saying "Laconic, it's only basketball". This is true, but I bleed blue and orange. I'd entertain the idea of sleeping with Sam Cassell if it guaranteed a Knicks championship. Okay, maybe that's too far.

* Hella stoked to see my babies next week. I always love having them around. Gotta find some fun stuff for us to do in these few days they're here.

No comments: