Friday, May 7, 2010

What Gives You the Right?

Every workday, I get up at the buttcrack of dawn to head to work. My job isn't strenuous or terribly difficult. However, if I had the means I'd rather spend my days doing music and listening to beer and maybe some recreation. In the meanwhile, I go to work.

You on the other hand probably barely graduated high school or dropped out in the 10th grade. You never heard of Kenneth Cole, maybe Kenneth Supreme Griffith. You probably have never even ventured out of your neighborhood. You probably idolize Gucci Mane or some hood rapper. Heck, you probably call yourself a rapper. You probably have at least 2 different baby mamas. Only Tiffany's you've ever been in is some hood booger you met at some hole in the wall club. Only time you saw a college was on tv. You probably think college isn't for "real niggas".

I can't hate you because the God I serve only requires that I hate the sin, not the sinner. I will say that you disappoint and disgust me. However, I'm still gonna pray for you. I'll pray that you get the resolve and the drive of the people that you take from. Or at least I pray that you don't mess with the wrong person who ends up blowing your brains out.

You will be going to prison. If not for this, for something else. You'll just be another statistic. Sadly, I believe you're okay with that. God be with you. Peace.

No comments: