Wednesday, August 31, 2011

MJ Got Six 'Ships, Surely This Isn't Too Much

This blog is brought to you via the suggestion box. Here goes. Action!

I've been told that I am extremely picky when it comes to the ladies. I agree 100%. Not so much picky about looks, but I hold myself to a high standard and I expect the same from a mate. If you aren't on that level or have no desire to be there, kick rocks and KIM. While I've been able to whittle away things that aren't totally necessary (tall as or taller than me, Knicks fan, knows what happened to Judy of Family Matters), some things will not be compromised. I decided to list only 6 this go round, only non looks related stuff. Note: the standard laundry list is implied (e.g. honest, no criminal record, mentally stable, etc)

1. Belief in God - I can't clap to you being on that atheist kick. I may can roll with Allah or Buddha, but I'd rather you be down with the GOD. On the flip side, I don't do holy rollers either. If you're so heavenly that you're no earthly good, keep moving. I strive each day to be better than before, but still I fall short of the glory.

2. College educated - I tried to whittle that one away, but I can't. It's very important to me. I'm not saying having a degree makes you smarter, but it does show you can commit to a goal. The degree must be from an accredited school. Your PhD from Rootie Poo Tech does nothing for me.

3. Knowledge of self - I can't deal with someone who is all over the place. I want someone who is secure in their values and in themselves. If you don't know who you are from one day to the next, it won't work. You gotta be comfortable in your own skin.

4. Financially smart - Not saying you have to have 6 figures in the bank (yet), but you have to be able to successfully manage what you do have. If your credit score is low, work on it. If your credit score is high, maintain it. If you don't know what it is or don't care, get away. I can't deal with Gucci purses with no money and maxed out credit cards in them. Know about investments or be willing to let me teach you.

5. Well Rounded/Cultured - Don't get me wrong, I still like listening to Project Pat and eating wings at dive bars. However, if you don't know a fish fork from a pitch fork, we have a problem. If you think the symphony is boring, we have a problem. If you pronounce ballet (as ball-let), we have a problem. If the only time you've seen a museum is on tv, we have a problem.

6. Able to show me things - Yeah, I know that I'm a genius, but there are some things I don't know. I'm always willing to learn something new. It can be as simple as a new song or as complex as a nuclear fission techniques. Challenge my limits (not my patience).

These six things are not the definitive list, but it's a good intro. I don't think I'm asking for too much. Peace.

No comments: