Friday, July 23, 2010

Freestyle Friday: the Man It's Been a Minute Edition

* Once you realize that you're completely over someone, it's like a mild state of euphoria. There was a time I thought I'd never get to this point. Thank God for deliverance.

* After reading more and more about Mrs. Shirley Sherrod, I find myself admiring her a little more. If you watch the whole video, you will not see a racist, but a woman who fought through thoughts that many of us have. I hate the White House threw her under the bus so quickly, but such is life.

* Piggybacking off #2.....when did Fox News get so much power? Seems like the White House stays throwing people under the bus based on stories ran on this network.

* Where is all the fervor from the Obamanites? They've been pretty quiet as of late. No diss to Obama, but where's all the singing and dancing and t-shirts? Have they realized the fallibility of their hero?

Dang, I've gotten a little political today.....let us move on.

* Talking to my homies and realizing how much our stories parallel is amazing. I wish I had known lesbians like them back when I was younger. I hope that I can be an ally to a younger lesbian who is dealing with the complexities of coming out. Especially ones who live in smaller towns.

* I met someone who was able to engage me mentally and it blew my mind. Now it remains to be seen whether or not this was anomaly, but it felt good. Intelligence is such a turn on to me. It does something to me when a woman can stimulate my mind. If nothing else, I definitely want to make friends with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Freestyle Friday Edition:

I like political...dont shut it down.

Obamanites realized that he was just a man, trying to get his hustle on. God is still on the throne..he didnt get elected president of the USA.

Pamela E. said...

I still got my t-shirt.. lol.. Im ride or die for the great one. kee kee kee.