Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No Collection Plate Will Be Passed Around for This One

God is amazing. Each day I'm more and more amazed at His power and wisdom. The past few months have had some really rough patches, but I'm still determined to trust Him and stand on the promises of His word.The way God operates shows that He has a sense of humor. You pray for one area of your life and he blesses you in a totally different area. God knows exactly what we need and when we need it. Even if we don't think we need it or even want it.

A few months ago, I was pretty upset. I saw people getting things they wanted and here I was praying, believing, tithing, the whole nine. Seemed like they were doing things with little effort. Then I realized that some people's journeys are less difficult because that's as good as it will get for them. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I know the things I'm believing God for aren't of the garden variety. It's easier to trust and believe God for turkey franks than it is to trust and believe for a porterhouse steak.

Each morning I have been making a sacrifice in order to be closer to God. To really yield myself to what He wants to reveal to me. Praying for discernment. Praying for the ability to tune out myself and the world and listen to Him. I can feel that I'm on the verge of some amazing things. I know that God is working out some things that just a year ago, I couldn't fathom happening for me.

My advice to you out there reading this is to trust God. Ask that His will be done in your life. Forgive all who have wronged you. Forgive yourself. Even if you can only study your Bible for 3 minutes, give God that full 3 minutes of your undivided attention. The more you seek Him, the more you will long to learn more about Him. No matter what you're going through, God hasn't forgotten about you. Stand firm. Peace.

No comments: