Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bob, Solo, Raising, Springs Eternal Aren't the Only Hope

I hope that so far I've been a great girlfriend to you. I hope that I've treated you with the utmost respect. I hope that I've shown you kindness and affection. I hope that my words have been truthful even if they haven't always been sweet. I hope that when you think of your future, I'm right there beside you.

I hope that you are thankful that all the ones before me didn't work out. I hope you are thankful that all the ones before you didn't work out. I hope you know how lucky you are and how luckier I am. I hope that you know that I think about you all the time. I hope you know that some days I'm scared. Not scared of losing you, but scared of not being everything you need, want, and desire of me.

I hope that you know that I will go to bat for you. I hope that you know that I'll guard your heart like Fort Knox. I hope you know that you can trust me with your fears and your insecurities knowing that I wouldn't dare use them against you. I hope you know that you can trust me with all your dreams, goals, aspirations knowing that I will support them as if they were my own.

I hope you think of this distance not as an obstacle but as an opportunity to get to know each other on a deeper level. I hope that you know while these miles suck, we're building a foundation that won't be shaken even by light years.

I hope you know that I don't have all the answers. I hope you know that I don't have a manual on being the best girlfriend ever. I hope you know how awesome and beautiful you are. I hope you know how much you mean to me. I hope you know that I love you....scratch that, let me tell you...I love you. Peace.

No comments: